Monday, March 23, 2015

Six Months Down!

3/23/15
It is hard for me to believe that I have already lived through 6 months of my mission! One third of my eighteen months has been completed. Time has flown by. Of course there have been the hard days, the hard weeks, and hard lessons, but I can honestly say that I love my mission. It is weird for me to think about my life before my mission. The things that I did and the things that I thought . . . haha the things that I thought were important. I am still me but I am a changed me. I truly consider my mission such a miracle and blessing because I have learned so much that has changed me for the better. I cannot imagine my life without my mission. Soeur Martin and I are doing really well! We run about two miles every day which is such a blessing as well! We have really learned how to work well and effectively together and have found lots of success in our lessons with our investigators. I truly do know that we have each companion for a reason. I have found that its kind of fun getting new companions, finding your weaknesses together and finding ways to overcome them together. With the same goal in mind, it is very possible to find success in a companionship. We have an investigator named Taui. Taui means change in English. He took drugs when he was younger and has been in and out of prison. He told us that he really wants to change his life. Because of the drugs that he took, he did not know how to read when we first started teaching him and it was nearly impossible for him to retain the things that we taught. It has been quite a few weeks now and I can honestly say that Taui is a miracle. For each lesson I wrote little key indicator words on sticky notes so that he could look at them and review them for the next lesson. We would also read for about ten minutes each lesson in the Book of Mormon. On Friday when we had our lesson, I was shocked to see that he remembered every step of the gospel, the Word of Wisdom, that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet, and much much more. And when it came time to read, he read fluently and understood the things he read. Wow. This was super cool for me to see. I truly do know that God loves every one of His children and is willing to help them change, progress, and grow if they do their part. Another thing that was cool for me this week was the fact that I read in Moroni 7 about charity. I want to study this Christlike attribute again but I learned a lot of things that I loved. Charity, as we know, is the pure love of Christ. This means to love perfectly as Christ does. He loves us all and knows us and understands what we are going through. Also, charity never fails. In Moroni 7 we learn that everything must fail, end, or die . . . but not charity. This is something that is constant, something that we can take with us. It is also a gift that we need to ask for through prayer. And it will be granted upon all of the true disciples of Christ. As I thought a little bit about charity this week, my life was better. Life is better with lots of love. I love loving the people I serve, loving my companion, loving the members, and loving Our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. So if it has been a long time since you have thought about charity in your lives. . . pray to have charity. Because loving perfectly as Christ does is the best way to love and charity never fails! I love finding new ways to improve myself each day! I love following the example of our Savior and becoming the best I possilbly can. I also love commiting people to follow this example and to be baptized. We are in Christs church! We are in the true church! And we are blessed for this! Thank you again for everything you do for me! Thanks for the love and support and prayers and everything! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love, Soeur Heather Kofford
This is Sandrine! We fixed her baptism for April 25th! Please pray for her because she needs to get married first haha! But she is honestly so great! I love Sandrine and we literally have her lesson right on the beach! Paradise mission!!
It rained all day!!! We were literally soaked from head to toe when we got back to the house! This night I took the first warm shower since arriving here and we decided to be a little crazy and drink hot chocolate! Haha love Soeur Martin!

No comments:

Post a Comment