Monday, March 16, 2015

Another Great Week!

3/16/15
Iaorana friends and family! 
It was another great week here on the beautiful island of Huahine! We have continued to see lots of little miracles each day and enjoy the happiness of the gospel in our lives. We have two investigators named Maeva and Heiata. They literally live in the mountain and it takes about 15 minutes to hike to their house for their lesson. Their lesson is each Wednesday at nine in the morning and is one of my favorite lessons of the week! After each lesson they give us each two huge bags of Tahitian manderines and two big papayas! They are so nice and the spirit is always present there. I love being able to enjoy the creations of God here on Huahine. The nature is so beautiful and I am so blessed to be surrounded in it each day! Anyway, this week Maeva and Heiata accepted to be baptized in April! Yay! I am sad because I most likely will not be there for their baptism but it truly is amazing to see the hand of God in peoples lives and if they put in their effort, God will change them. We also had a miracle with Teiva and Florida this week! When I arrived here on Huahine, my second lesson was with Teiva and Florida. Honestly I did not understand a whole lot of what was said but bore a humble testimony and never forgot about this lesson. The weeks passed and we never found the time to go back and revisit. Finally two weeks ago I was prompted to just stop in and see how they were doing. They happily accepted a lesson for a few days later. Before the lesson they explained that they had been thinking a lot of the two young women who taught them a lesson a couple months ago and the good feelings they felt and they had actually talked and wanted another lesson. They also said that one day in the city they ran into a member and asked if he could send us in their direction again. I did not know about any of this! But wow! They were prepared for what we were about to teach! We taught the Restoration and the spirit was so strong! They had recently changed religions and had noticed the faults in their new church. They prayed and we were their answer. Later on in the week, they came to a family night and Soeur Martin and I presented a banner which talks about the Restoration as well as the Plan of Salvation. They loved this! At the end I made my way over to talk to them and Teiva turned to me, pointed at the banner, and said, that is true, I have found the truth! Wow! Such a great moment for me! I love seeing the lives of others change through the gospel! I truly do know that there are people out there searching! And those who search will find. I loved this experience and every experience like this. It is true that we have the hard days but it is choosing to be happy and appreciate the blessings and miracles when they come that motivates me and proves to me over and over that God is real, that His hands are in everything, and that He loves each and every one of His children. Never forget that we are children of God. We are special and He loves us! He has given us the best gift that we could ask for, His son, and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through Jesus Christ we can have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, be purified of all of our sins, and have the opportunity each day to improve, to progress, to change, and to find true happiness in His gospel. The church is true! Let it bring happiness into your lives. If you will search, the blessings and miracles are there! Thanks again for everything! I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family who love and support me! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love, Tuahine Heather Kofford
Sister Martin and me emailing home on p-day!
Lunch on the beach with Hiti and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment