Monday, February 23, 2015

First Week With Soeur Martin!

2/23/15
This last week flew by! My new companion Soeur Martin is so great and it already feels like we have been friends for a long time! We have a lot in common and it has been fun getting to know her! Today we went with some members and saw some of the Historical sites here on Huahine! Here is your fact for the week . . . Did you know that the Tahitians on Huahine still offered human sacrifices and ate other humans up until the 1970s?? Ha this was a little shock for me! We also ate MAA TAHITI again this week with a member family! This means that we eat various interesting foods with our hands hahaha! Also I tried FAFARU for the first time! It is fermented fish with a horrific smell! But now they accept me as a real Tahitian! hahaha to think that before my mission I was a picky eater . . .  Anyway, this last week I truly learned that we are capable of much more than we know and that everything truly is possible with the help of God. I was scared starting out the week knowing that I would have to lead the area. Through the miracle of praying constantly for the gift of tongues I can honestly say I never tripped over my words this past week and I never ran out of things to say. Wow this was cool for me. I am continuing to learn to teach by the spirit. I love having the spirit present in lessons and being able to say inspired things and ask inspired questions. I love my mission. I love seeing others happy. I love seeing others use the power of the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ in their lives and change for the better. I love sharing my testimony and saying that we are children of God and that He loves us. I love engaging people to change their lives, to stop their addictions, to read the Book of Mormon, and to pray. We have four investigators right now who are preparing to enter the waters of baptism. Patricia, Marcel, Celina, and Hinerava. Each one has their own trial but at the same time they want to change their lives. Please keep them in your prayers this week! I have learned to never underestimate the power of a faithful prayer! I know that we have a Heavenly Father who hears and answers each one!  I truly do know that we are all children of God. We are all on our own personal path of life with our own trials and difficulties. I know I have said it before but it is through our hard times that we can be made strong. We can improve and progress. And it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can be happy and feel joy and peace during these hard times as well. I know that God has more in store for us than we know. He can make us into the best possible person we can become if we simply live our lives for Him and allow Him to guide our paths. Never forget that you are all children of God. That He loves you and has created a divine path for you! He will guide your life and mold you into the perfect you if you let Him! Thank you for your love and support and emails and everything! I am so blessed to have such amazing family members and friends! SO BLESSED! Have a great week! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love, Soeur Heather Kofford
Historical site today with Soeur Martin!
Dinner with my favorite member family! This is the MAPUHI family! Soeur Mapuhi is like my second mom! Always slipping me candy at church and giving me other little things! She is darling! Also she leads the music normally in church so it is fun picking the hymns with her! We are eating MAA TAHITI!

No comments:

Post a Comment