Monday, February 9, 2015

Let Him Guide Your Paths

2/9/15
It has been a great week for Soeur Hunter and I. The days fly by and I can hardly believe that it is already Monday again. Soeur Hunter will finish and head back to Tahiti to finish her mission on Sunday and I am very sad about this.I have been so beyond blessed to have had her for a companion for the past two and a half months. She is the most Christlike and inspired person that I have met. She has taught me many valuable things that have definitely changed my life. I know that our companionship was inspired and that we both truly were in need of eachother. Like I said, I will be very sad to see her go but from what I have learned, I know that all will be well because God knows us better than we know ourselves and He knows our needs better too. I know that there is something that I need to learn from each companion that I will have and that each companionship is truly inspired by God. Just like everything else in life. His hands truly are in everything. It was a fun week with lots of activities that we planned to unify the ward and include our investigators and less active members. On Friday we had a talent show. The Priesthood, RS, YM,YW, and Primary each prepared a dance, a song, and an item of food. It was a super fun night and I am growing to love the Tahitian culture and lifestyle. I learned how to braid leaves into plates and roofs and other decorations and love playing the ukulele. Sunday night we had a fireside on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. If you have not watched the clip BECAUSE OF HIM lately you need to go watch it! I truly am so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for each one of us. I know that through Him we can repent and be forgiven, allowing us to receive happiness, joy, and peace, and also we can achieve etermal life. I know that He loves us and is mindful of us. This week I fell upon the scripture 2 Nephi 27:23. I know that we do have a God of miracles and He will show unto us these miracles according to our faith. One miracle that we have seen this week is Billy. Billy is an investigator who we first met around Christmas. He was on the side of the road and he was drinking. We were not planning on talking to him knowing that he was probably drunk but we had to turn the car around and stop anyway so sure enough the spirit directed us to have a conversation. He agreed to have one lesson. So we followed through. After this we lost contact for a few weeks. Then just two weeks ago we saw him again in the city. We had another conversation with him and seemed to lighten his day. Soon after, he called us and explained that he wanted another lesson. He explained that he had had a dream and needed to change his life. The next lesson, he agreed to be baptized. What if we had not talked to Billy that day on the side of the road? Where would he be today? He has turned a complete one hundred and eighty degrees and is now on the path to eternal life. I know that God works through us to help others. And right now on my mission, I know that I am exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I need to be doing. I would not change the decision to serve a mission for anything. I have learned and felt so many things that have changed my life for the better. I am coming to know who I really am, what my potential is, and what I am capable of doing as a disciple of Christ, I have realized what is really important in life, and I have found true happiness. I have also learned how to recognize the spirit in my life and let him direct my words, actions, and decisions. Life with the spirit is the best life. With Him by your side, you cannot go wrong. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us, a Savior and brother who sacrificed His life for us, and the Holy Ghost who can be our constant companion if we invite him in. I am so thankful for the gospel and the happiness the truthfulness of it brings! I hope you all have found these truths in your  lives. And if not, search it out. You will not regret it! Thanks for your love and support and encouragement! I love you all and hope and pray that you will all have a fabulous week! 
Love, Soeur Heather Kofford

A member made us crowns and leis! Missionary life in Tahiti is such a blessing!
Always one of my fav lessons! I get to play with so many Scotchys! God knows me so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment