Monday, September 28, 2015

Mahina!

9/28/15
Iaorana tout le monde!
Well life continues to fly by here in Tahiti! Transfers are officially over and I am settled here in my new area of Mahina! It is a little bit closer to the city, but still probably about a half hour drive. I am on the opposite side of the island of Papeari and things are weird here, because it has not rained yet! The sun shines every day and we also have a lovely breeze that never stops! These are blessings! There is a beautiful mountain in our area and the view is stunning! I will try to take a picture for next week! People are nice here, but have more money. The first couple of dinners with families, I felt so out of place and not good enough to be in their nice houses. I do not know how things are going to be when I get back to America. We have a couple of good investigators, and will be on the hunt for lots more so keep us in your prayers! Change is always a scary thing in life because we cannot yet see the blessings and miracles that are waiting. We do not yet know who we are going to become, what trials we are going to conquer, and especially what people are waiting for the truth of the gospel! We are in a car which is kinda strange, because for the last 8 months I have been loving the bike life! Also in my last area where I never found a post office, I prayed to have one in my next area and there is one literally right next to our house! Haha God is good! 
When leaving Papeari, it was harder than I expected! The morning of transfers the phone never stopped ringing with members telling me thanks and that they loved me and that they already missed me. Its crazy to think that 6 short months ago when I first arrived in Papeari, I was scared and alone and going through some of the hardest times of my life with the lack of investigators, lack of self confidence, and differences with my companion. Now in leaving the same area we had so many investigators we couldn't even keep count, I learned to be brave and bold and to commit people to changing their lives on every occasion possible, and I learned patience and unity and lots more in both companionships. Changing is hard, it pushes and pulls us and molds us to be better! I am excited to see what God will make out of me in this new area! When we are obedient and do His will, He changes us without us even knowing! I have absolutely loved my first two areas on this mission! Loving people is a choice! And its a choice that saves us! So everyday, look for opportunities to love and to serve! The only consequences are being loved back and blessings poured down upon us! 
In this area, I have been called as a Sister Training Leader. This calling is a leader for the other sisters in the mission! I had no idea before being transferred, but I have strengths that others need! It has been interesting helping the other sisters through experiences that I have already had and through example and love! Things are new but the serving possibilities are limitless! I hope that I will be able to bring a little bit of Christs love into the lives of those I talk with and interact with each day, investigators, members, and other missionaries. In my interview with President Bize, he told me that this was one of the things he liked most about me. That I invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ!
The Church is true! Life is good! The mission is indescribable! I am sorry that this email was more informational than spiritual, but know God lives and loves each and everyone of you! He has a plan for each of us and as long as we are doing our best and living our life to the best of our ability in accordance with the principles and ordinances of the Gospel, He will reveal this plan before our eyes and we will find joy in rediscovering who we are! I love and miss you all! Have a great week! Make only the best decisions!
Love, Soeur Kofford
First baptisms in Mahina!

No comments:

Post a Comment