Monday, May 4, 2015

Learning is Loving (:

5/4/15
We had a good week together ! I truly have grown to love my new area of  Papeari, my companion Soeur Faana, our house that is only reached by a fourth mile long pebble path, the members who do so much for us, our new investigators, and just everything ! I have learned so much here in these past weeks. These have been the hardest three weeks of my life, but I would not take them back for anything ! When I first arrived here I was a little bit discouraged, because we did not have any progressing investigators. We only had 6 lessons my first week, my companion was very different, and things were just hard. But I have found the strengths of  Soeur Faana! She is courageous and direct and a very good missionary ! If she wants something . . .she gets it done ! I have learned to respect, trust, follow her lead, and love her. As I have humbled myself and prayed to have charity, to love as Christ loves, I have found that God will always provide a way ! Last week we had 23 lessons together and found lots of new investigators and Stuka is set for baptism on the 9th! When I talked to our Mission President he told me that he was very happy with our work ! He told me that our area has never seen missionary work like that ! I did not even realize what we had accomplished together until president Bize told me and encouraged me to continue! This was my first face to face interview with him! I know that it was only through the grace of God that we received this success. I know that God loves us and is mindful of us and is always willing to help us if we will ask him sincerely ! I have really come to know my God in the last three weeks and I know he will never leave me alone ! He will always provide the rest if  I do my best ! I am so thankful for his mercy, for the blessings, and the miracles that He gives me each day ! Try to know God.  He lives ! He is there and He loves you ! I love you all ! Thank you for everything, for your thoughts and prayers and everything ! I love you and hope you all have a great week ! 
Love, Sour Heather Kofford

No comments:

Post a Comment