Monday, May 11, 2015

Prayers and Blessings!

5/11/15
God lives and He knows us and He loves us! I had such a great week! Like I have said in the past couple of weeks, this last transfer and the last five weeks have been the hardest days of my mission and my life. Each day I got new opportunities to find my weaknesses and at times to feel lonely and hopeless when things were not perfect with my companion. Ha, I think I was even a little depressed and didn't know it. Through all of this I had found a couple of quotes that really helped me out. The first was on the topic of prayer. It says, “The only way to worry about nothing is to pray for everything." So I did just that. I learned how to really pray and to rely on God. Each day, I witnessed the small blessings and miracles and tender mercies that He granted me. He helped me to be patient with myself and my companion. He helped me to have charity and to love everyone and to see them as he does. He helped me to be brave and confident and to stand up for what was right. I was truly saved by the grace of God. And I even eventually learned to be happy in these times! I knew that God was giving me opportunities to improve, progress, and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I love a quote by Thomas S. Monson, "As we strive to place Christ at the center of our lives by learning his words, by following His teachings, and by walking in His path, He has promised to share with us the eternal life that He died to gain. There is no higher end than this, that we should choose to accept His discipline and become His disciples and do His work throughout our lives. Nothing else, no other choice we make, can make of us what He can."  We have only a potential that He knows and if we will humble ourselves before Him and ask for help through sincere prayer, He will make us into the person He knows we can become! This week God showed me His mercy and love for me! It truly was an amazing week! I got to go through the temple for the first time in the last five months. I got to go on splits with my STL's and take a breath of fresh air! We had the baptism of our investigator, Morotea which was such a special experience! I got to talk to my family on Sunday which made my life! I absolutely love my family! And today all of the missionaries on the island of Tahiti were called together for a song practice, so I got to see my MTC companion and talk with her! Now I get to email and talk to my friends and family and start another week of missionary work! I am so blessed and I know God lives and He knows us perfectly and He loves us and He is always willing to save us with His grace and give us the blessings He has prepared for us if we will follow the example of His son Jesus Christ and do our best to endure well to the end. Like in ether 12:6, sometimes the blessings only come after the trial of our faith! So keep enduring well! Put your trust in God! Pray about everything and He will bless you! I love you and pray for you all! Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers! Have a great week! 
Love, Soeur Heather Kofford 
 
Morotea's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment