Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Expect Miracles

12/22/14
It has honestly been an exceptionally good week. Have you ever asked yourself, What more can I do for the world? Am I doing the things that the Savior would have me do? Am I doing my best to live by the spirit and let the Lord guide my path? I can tell you that this week for at least one lesson, I was in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. We have an investigator named Tama. He has been receiving missionary discussions for 22 years. That is a very long time. We taught him and his wife once two weeks ago and then again on Thursday. The first time I was introduced to this family, Tama was loud and not very respectful. I told myself that we would probably never get to see the day of his baptism but that we would continue to teach and show our love to him through our examples and testimonies. So Thursday came around and we taught his daughter Heimoana a lesson on the Holy Ghost. The lesson went very well and the spirit was felt. Afterwards, Tama came out onto the porch and told us to wait because he needed to talk to us. So we did just that. Some background information about him is that he is a man of very large stature, has tattoos covering his body, and is just all around tough. So he started to talk and tears started to come out of his eyes. He explained that his heart had been touched and that he knew he needed to be baptised. His wife was there with us too and she began to cry as well because she has been prepared for baptism for years and years and has been waiting for her husband so they could get baptised together. This was honestly the coolest thing for me to experience and it is still very hard for me to believe. I am having a hard time writing about this special event because words cannot do justice for how incredible this moment was. And so Tama and his wife Hinano were baptised on Friday. Afterwards Tama explained to me that he did not know why it took so long and he did not know why he had to go through so many missionaries to feel the truth. But he said, "avec vous deux c'est bien." Which means that with Soeur Hunter and I it finally clicked for him. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be an instrument in Gods hands. To bring to pass the miracles that are waiting to happen. I know that God shows His love for each one of us through others. I think that relationships are a big purpose of this life. So cherish every relationship. Keep the good ones going and strengthen the weak ones. We are all in each others lives for divine reasons. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Also, watch for not only the tender mercies in each day but the miracles as well. They are always there, we just have to seek them out. I know that every good thing comes from God and that His hand is in everything. I know that we can bring miracles through Him. I love a scripture in Fourth Nephi  verse 5, in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus. Our strength and our potential to bring about miracles comes only through Christ. So be worthy of this strength and potential. And he will help us and guide our paths. He will put us into the situations where we can say, I am doing exactly what the Lord wants me to do and He is guiding my path. Thank you for letting me share my experiences with you! I love you all and hope that you have a very Merry and magical Christmas! Keep the true meaning in your hearts always! 
Love, Soeur Kofford
Baptisms!
The ward Christmas party! I started out by teaching one little girl how to play I am a Child of God and pretty soon this is what happened! The kids all love me and tell me I have beautiful eyes! I genuinely love them right back !
Smiles in Tahiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment