Monday, February 1, 2016

Just Ask!

2/1/16
Iaorana tout le monde! 
As always, I hope and pray that things are going well at home! I love and miss you all and I am so thankful for your love and support! I know now how blessed I am to have you all in my life as my friends and family! It was another good week for Soeur Raherimandimby and I! Time is flying and I can hardly believe that it is Monday again! We have been seeing plenty of miracles! We fixed Roberts baptism, which was a special experience! He is the dad of the Tetoe family. (one of the families that I knew from Papeari) He told us that since that first day he saw us at his gate, he knew that we had a good thing. Sadly after this first contact, he did not accept us back into his house. We went back anyway the next week, where we met his daughter who accepted the discussions. Our first lesson was with the entire family. We invited them to be baptized and pray to find their answer. For the returning visit, I had a good feeling and a lot of hope for this family. To my surprise, the mom and the daughters had not yet received their answer, but Robert had. He dumped all of his alcohol down the sink and had not consumed any since our first lesson. He also came to church yesterday. His wife is in shock and cannot help but want the same changes for herself. I love loving people and seeing them change! I love seeing people make good decisions and council with the Lord in prayer to know the next step in their lives. 
For us, maybe we are not at the stage of leaving alcohol or praying to know the truth. We have already arrived at this point. But, counciling with the Lord through prayer is a must. My time here as a missionary is limited. I am sad to see that the end is really coming, because I love my mission! Despite my imperfections and weaknesses, I feel like I have done my best up until this point in my mission. I have worked harder than I ever have, suffered longer than ever before, and never been so happy at the same time. I want to continue with these feelings and endure well to the end. I know that this satisfaction is only possible through humility and fervent prayer. I love an example of Alma in the Book of Mormon. In Mosiah 26:13 it says that he was troubled and went to talk with the Lord about what he had to do so he would not act wrongly in the eyes of God. We all need these moments with our Heavenly Father. A little self evaluation and check up. We learn that God answers and reassures his servant Alma that he will be blessed because of his obedience, sacrifice and confidence in the Lord. We too can have similar experiences. When we are not sure what the next step in our progression is or if we are scared to change or are just feeling a little more distanced than normal from our Heavenly Father, all we have to do is ask! He knows the answers and will help us! I have really been trying to turn to our Heavenly Father through prayer for his council and answers. Sometimes I have really cool experiences and I receive answers through ideas, feelings, scriptures, situations, etc. But this is not always the case. Sometimes we do not get answers that are direct and clear. We receive the thought "Its your choice, make the best of it and I will help you." Although this is a comforting thought, agency is difficult and sometimes it's hard to choose for ourselves. But this is part of our progression. God is mindful of us and all that we need to do in all situations is keep turning to him. He is always there and always listening. 
So this week as you continue on the path of life, turn to our Heavenly Father in prayer! He knows the next step in your life and is ready to help you develop Christlike attributes through how you receive your answers and how you act upon them! Never underestimate the power of a sincere prayer! I know that God lives and loves each of us! He loves you! Turn to him and he will turn to you! Thanks again for everything! I love you all! Have a great week! 
Love, Soeur Kofford
Tahiti missionaries and their moms!
Tahiti missionary mom lunch!
Having fun with Sister James!
Dinner out!
Three musketeers!



No comments:

Post a Comment