Monday, January 11, 2016

We Are All Leaders!

1/11/16
Bonjour friends and family! 
I hope you all enjoyed this last week, and I hope you are all excited to live this week! Life truly is great, it is a choice to be happy and to love each day! A cool realization that I had this week is that our eternity can start now! We know that eternal life will be a life like God and with God but also with our family. We cannot yet live in his presence or at his level as humans, but we can enjoy the blessing of an eternal family and the fact that we can be happy and joyful everyday! So let us not wait, let us start our eternity now!
We had a good week! Lots of lessons with lots of potential investigators! We had our interviews with President Bize which went really well! I love this man, he definitely has changed my life for the better! I have been so incredibly blessed to be under his inspired direction for the last 16 months of my life! I will miss him and Soeur Bize so much when I finish my mission! My companion is doing well! She is awesome and I have learned so much from her! In my interview with President Bize, he told me that I am most likely going to finish in Mahina! Haha I will only have served in three areas and have not had very many companions, but I have loved every minute! 
At our leadership meeting this week, a lot of new Zone Leaders and STLs were called, so we were trained about how to be good leaders. As members of the church, we are all leaders! There is not one calling that is higher ranked than another. We are all on the same path learning things as we go and changing to become better! Through our experiences, responsibilities, and good desires to follow the example of Christ, we are transformed from worthy members to leaders and disciples of Christ. To be a good leader, we have to help people! Life is a constant process of goal setting and reaching. To reach these goals, we need the love and support of others! So, when in leadership positions, or just as ordinary people, we can help our friends set goals that will help them find their potential. Then we have to be genuine and sincere, helping these people until they reach these objectives, or helping them to reset goals and find a different way of approaching it if things didn't go as planned. Next, we need to be good examples. We never know who is watching, and it is so important, especially as missionaries, to be the example of Christ in the lives of others! The best way to teach is through example! After this, we have to inspire those who we guide. This can happen through knowing our true identity. When we know who we are and what we need to be doing, helping others becomes easier. We can inspire those we love through positive thinking, speaking, and doing! As leaders, we play an important role in the progression of others. We all have to change to improve, and changing is not always easy! As we help others change their lives and their hearts, it is a win-win situation for everyone; everyone finds joy and is happy! We know that others are placed in our lives for divine reasons and everyone from time to time feels a little lost or lonely. These people are in need of you and your natural leadership skills that come with being members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Remember who you are and what you can do! I love a quote that states, "Your mission will be for you if you are able to forget about yourself in the process." This serves the same meaning in life. Callings and responsibilities are there to help us help others in perfecting ourselves and becoming more like our Savior, Jesus Christ! So keep up the good work! People are always in need of what you have, so don't be afraid to share these blessings! Thanks again for everything! I love you all and am so thankful for those who have played significant leadership roles in my life! I would not be where I am today without your examples and guidance! Have a great week! 
Love, Soeur Kofford
Said "goodbye" to Soeur Cambell! She was shipped out to the islands for her last two months! Then we will fly home together on March 15th! 
Sister Erekson, my MTC companion! Love her!
Hike for a Zone activity! Thought it was going to be a littler stroll through the jungle, but then it turned out to be about five hours long! hahaha Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment