Monday, June 15, 2015

God Did Not Send Us Here To Be Average

6/15/15
Iaorana friends and family! I love and miss you all so much, but I honestly do love my life here in Tahiti! It is blowing my mind that this week I will be half way done with my mission! It honestly seems like just yesterday that I was dropped off at the MTC. When I was struggling to even understand the basic Tahitian vocabulary and starting the journey that has already changed my life forever. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and the opportunity that I have to try to become more like our Savior little by little each day. I found a scripture in the Book of Mormon this week that I had loved before but means a lot more to me now. It is Alma 37:6. In this scripture it tells us that by small and little things, great things are brought to pass. I love this scripture because I know that each one of us are living it individually on our path of life. It is by the little choices and decisions that we make each and every day that will eventually determine our detstiny. I have loved using this thought for myself during the last nine months. I try to change, improve, and become the best version of me possible. This is not always easy and like we know, we have to be humble and be shown our weaknesses for this process to be possible. But God works in amazing ways and if we will open ourselves up to Him, there is no limit to our progression. I have definitely changed since starting my mission. I am not the same person as I was before and I am happy to keep changing into the person that only God knows I can become. Soeur Shariatmadari and I have been trying to apply this principle as well in our area of Papeari. We know that through little acts of perfect obedience and righteousness, God will give us miracles. We know that we are not perfect missionaries but thats okay because all we have to do is our best and God will always provide the rest! We had our first baptisms in this area yesterday! Tau and Teaviu are our newest members here in the Papeari ward! Their testimonies afterwards were some of the strongest and most sincere testimonies I have ever heard. I know that God has prepared something amazing for them in their lives and I am happy that they have now started to find their true worth and potential! After the baptism, we continued to see miracles because the parents agreed to talk to our Bishop at church and work things out for their marriage and baptism. And so it was done! They talked with bishop and they will be married and baptized the 27th of June! We have seen so many miracles and it truly is amazing to see the power of our faith and little works which bring to pass big things! God truly has his hand in everything! He knows us and loves us and He did not send us here to be average! So this week, try to focus on the little things that will bring big blessings and more happiness into your lives! Do the little things that will help you improve yourselves and find your true potential in becoming like Christ! You are children of God! Your worth is unlimited! I love you all and am thankful for your love and examples and support! I hope you all have a great week!
Love, Soeur Heather Kofford
The baptisms of Tau and Teaviu!
Sister Shariatmadari and me with matching skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment